Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How do you make your tv fit in with your decor???? check it out...

here is a close up of the contact paper on the t.v. and the wall...
so remember this tutorial?? okay, well I was not very satisfied with the way my t.v just was a HUGE  EYESORE on this big white wall. And since, I rent I can't do too much about it. At the time I attempted to re-do the wall with the contact paper, all I had on hand was white, and I didn't want to go out and buy some in another color if it wasn't going to turn out.

Well, a week after I found this roll of Martha Stewart contact paper at Big Lots for $3. So I bought it. And as you can see in the photo, I am in the process of switching out some of the white with the green. (And I took off the spindle-y shapes because they were too "under-the-sea" for me.)

Anyway, that t.v STILL bugged me to no end. So this is what I did:

1. measured the t.v.
2. measured out the lengths on the contact paper.
3. cut the strips, one 1 in wide, and one 1/4 in wide for each side.
4. applied the contact paper to the t.v.

Instantly that t.v became less harsh against the wall. oh and how do you like the fact that the iPod matches everything? funny coincidence. This tutorial kinda reminds me of this one I did last year....

2 comments:

dannii said...

haha - i love this tv tutorial. we really wanted a white tv (why don't they make those? all the apple thingys and computers are white now), so one day i took white masking tape and went to town on our tv. it's not the greatest, but it's amazing how it actaully works better now with our mostly white furniture and home. i love the little detail fixes.

Unknown said...

i think i would be terrified to do anything to my tv. Im INCREDIBLY clumsy... my luck the whole thing would fall over and smash! I would love to make it tie in with the decor though! Great job :)