Monday, May 3, 2010

Sarah Nielsen's small pocket flag book (for mother's day)






Okay, so you may be thinking that's a lot of steps, but let me tell you that Sarah was just very thorough, which is great because there are so many bookbinding tutorials out there that leave so many steps out that you get totally lost!  (CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM). Thank you Sarah so much for this great tutorial! If any of you are interested in seeing more book/paper related tutorials, go to her blog or if you are lazy like me, then just go to her shop and buy some of her beautiful  handmade items. I bought a journal for Olivia and it was so well made!

Oh and she does custom stuff for weddings too! check her out!

(ps Sarah and I went on an art study abroad to New Zealand and Australia back in college. We were studying the art of non-western indigenous people. oh and she taught me how to hula.)

4 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

I am always so intimidated by DIY posts (cause I'm not nearly as crafty as some of y'all), but this is SO cute. thanks for sharing :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is so cute! What a great idea for mom. Thanks so much for the fun project, I'll be linking.

sarah said...

thanks for the shout out, katie! i need to go make one of these right now and get it in the mail :)

Jessica said...

I'm sending one to my mom today! thanks for sharing!