Monday, February 7, 2011

yum-oh-yum-oh-yum!

dinner party
This weekend we went over to our friends' house to play Kinect (super fun and a good workout!) and have dinner. I had to bring dessert, and I wanted it to be good. My friend Lisa has a "Dinner Party" blog where she puts together meals for her own diner parties from various recipes she's found-mostly across the web.  And that's where I found this delicious recipe (via Smitten Kitchen). It is the most gourmet dessert I have ever made (I had to brown butter and whip eggs for 10 minutes!) but it wasn't hard at all and it tasted so delicious! You must try it out!

7 comments:

hayatatolyem said...

mm fantastic

Emilyah said...

So glad you have a photo because I had a difficult time picturing this after your Facebook post yesterday. Looks yummy.

Shanicherie said...

It was sooo good! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Diana Smith said...

Those deserts look SOOO good right now!

Lisa said...

Thanks, Katie! This is my favorite cake. I am so glad you loved it too. :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. That looks amazing! Yum. : )

mei said...

looks delicious!

ps. your headbands are cute, especially the yellow coil one!