Wednesday, April 6, 2011

yuuum. make these and eat them right now!

  THESE. ARE. SO. GOOD. My friend Shannon made these a few weeks ago and let me try one. I was in heaven! I finally got around to making some myself tonight, but I made a couple substitutions that made them slightly healthier??...ish. And they were still so good!!! Here is the original recipe. To make my healthier version:

--substitute the 1/3 C of oil with 1/3 C of applesauce (eliminating the fat....)

--For the flour, it calls for 1 3/4 cups of flour. I did 1 C of WHOLE WHEAT and 3/4 C of white flour. (more whole grains....)

and keep everything else the same! OH! It says it makes 6 muffins, but I got 9 out of it and they were still huge. You could easily make it into 12 med. sized ones and call it a day.
Do you love grilled cheese? I never really cared much for it growing up, since I hated cheese (I know what WAS I THINKING???) but as a grown up I've developed a love for melted cheese (still won't eat it cold). My dad makes AWESOME grilled cheese sandwiches and I was craving them the other day when I saw this image on pinterest. I have already made it twice. yuuuuummmm.
Here is the original recipe/site.

I never actually looked at the site, just the photo, so I missed the whole apple slices thing, but I bet that would taste good too. Here is how I made it:

Ingredients: bread, avocado, cheese, cooked bacon (I used turkey bacon), salt, butter

1.toast your bread (I had no idea what a difference this could make in your G.C. until my dad did it)
2. butter each slice on one side (not a low fat way to make it, but OHHHH the difference)
3.add slices of cheese, avocado, and bacon, then sprinkle with salt
4. put them in your frying pan or grill until the cheese is melted, making sure you get both sides.

Eat it.

3 comments:

Emilyah said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Avocado on a grilled cheese WITH bacon. That is 3 of my favorite foods, EVER! Yummy! And the muffins, perfect rainy/snowy day baking with my little dudes for tomorrow. Thanks K!

Taylor {Sew Much Love} said...

Oooooohhhhh i am so hungry for that grilled cheese right now....yum!! I'm so trying that!

Oh and i've made those muffins before, they were gone in like a day!

the mama monster said...

those are the pioneer woman muffins. any of her recipes are to die for! that grilled cheese looks amazing too.