Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Summer collar/scarflet tutorial

I have always loved collars as accessories. I used to make and sell them. I still do, but usually just in stores or at the Indie Craft fairs. I have a large collection of antique collars and ones that I have made out of so many different materials. Why do I love them so much? Because you don't have to commit to totally re-vamping that plain shirt. You can just add it when you want to, and not actually sew it down. (Because later in the future you may want that shirt to be plain again...) Its the non-committal way to re-vamp your wardrobe:)

 Over the next few months I will be creating tutorials for various kinds of collars/bib necklaces/scarflets whatever you want to call them (including the one for SYTYC-since I've had a few requests). This first one I created a couple months ago, but never got around to making it into a tutorial until now. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Clair said...

I love that your tutorials are so different from everything that is out there in blog land. Very unique and creative.

Button For A Bird said...

i'm also a big fan of collars. They are so unique. I really enjoyed your tutorial as well. Would you mind if i used your tutorial to make my own version of collars to sell on my etsy shop?

Francesca Morgan said...

genius. again.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww, this is so pretty! Long live the collar! Thanks so much for the how-to, I'll be linking.