Saturday, January 30, 2010

beautiful, clean, and organized. my new craft/art studio.

 
These are the "BEFORE" shots. As you can see it was a MESS!!!! I had been wanting to put up shelves and organize this little, miniature, tiny, itty bitty art room since we moved in. But, as you all know, I had a baby 2 weeks later. SOOOO, I never got around to it! And headbands needed to be made, so I had to make do with the little space I had. There were bags of fabric stashed everywhere. It wasn't pretty. Martin Luther King weekend my husband and I finally got our butts into gear and put up shelves. Afterwards, I felt like a kid in a candy shop, all ready to get organizing!!! I LOVE to organize my materials (well, when there is space to organize them in)! It might not be completely up to my visual standards (like--- I really want to put some scalloped canvas on the edges of my shelves), but it is good for now. I feel SO MUCH HAPPIER when I sit down to make something! and I am getting better at cleaning up my mess right after! take a look!


I love the little vintage card catalog drawers I got at goodwill last year (for $5), and you can see the vintage suitcase table (see tutorial) being put to use! Yes, there may still be drawing boards on the ground, along with my iron and ironing board, but It looks A HECK OF A LOT BETTER!!!!!! That's all I have to say. And if you want to see my old studio (at my last apartment), then take a look here.
(my old studio was bigger, so I could do cool things like make corrogated cardboard trim....)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Love, MOM xxoo

Alice said...

I've been wanting a card catalog for a while. I want a big one though....they're expensive. Maybe I'll get lucky at a flea market someday:)

Scotty and Chels said...

I love this blog by the way. I always forget to comment but you give me such great ideas. If only I had your actual talent at making the stuff! I want to try the ruffle bottom onesies.

Clair said...

OH man, I wish you could come organize/design a craft space for me. I'm dreaming of a 'real' space someday, designed Heather Bailey style :) Need the house to go with it, first, tho. That could take a while. haha. In the meantime, I'm like you, I have a corner of my room that I use right now. Doesn't matter how big or nice a craft space is....just that you use it and love it, right?!