Thursday, April 22, 2010

blue-eyed freckle in the press...

Okay so I have ALWAYS loved CRAFT magazine. It was only in print for a year or two, but I have a few issues, including the very first. I remember the first time I saw it at B&N. It wasn't your regular craft magazine. it was COOL, like my other favorite "Readymade." It was pricey ($14), but so full of innovative design. Then it went out of print, but has survived via blog. I have submitted several ideas of mine to them, and they have never published them (to my knowledge). so I finally gave up, and then.... last week I was looking at my blog stats and noticed a HUGE spike in the number of visitors. I decided to check it out and saw that everyone was coming from CRAFTZINE!!!!

I freaked out of course. I make little internet goals in my head sometimes while I am surfing around. That was one of them (another was getting Olivia's room onto OHDEEDOH--->done.). I feel so good! And thanks to my mom who had the wonderful idea for the clutch in the first place. I guess I should be thanking her:)

Next up: SCOUTIE GIRL!!! I actually got this press after being interviewed at the Beehive last week for the grand opening. I took one look at this blog and now I am hooked. she has beautiful writing and interviews and amazing taste in beautiful objects (not saying this because she likes my stuff, but b/c I love everything on her blog!). anyway, check it out here!
This girl (Robin Gaucher) came to the Beehive last weekend for the Grand Re-opening and bought the headband she is wearing... Then emailed me to tell me that she had put a photo of her wearing it on her Photography website! I was thrilled! And she even put a link to my website (etsy). How sweet is that? And if you click on THIS you can go to her Atlanta-based photography site. (And how beautiful does that green look against her red hair????) love that combo.
And lastly (though there have been other sites, these are the most recent/biggest) ThreadBanger featured this tutorial!

THANKS EVERYONE who has spread the word about my headbands or tutorials, and for tweeting them, facebooking them, blogging them, etc. I really appreciate every little feature and tutorial, no matter how big or small the blog is! I hope you all know that!!!

5 comments:

Anzouya said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You must be so proud of yourself! You deserve it! All your creations are lovely. I really enjoyed your clutch tutorial.

tara - scoutie girl said...

Congratulations to you!! I'm thrilled that Scoutie Girl is in such illustrious company!

Scotty and Chels said...

Wow, so talented and successful! I linked you on one of my blog posts and let everyone know that you are practically famous in the blog/crafting world.
I love all your cute clothes. I've told you a million times, you should sell clothes!! Your headbands are awesome, but I feel like I look dumb in any headband.... so.... just a thought to consider!

{irene} said...

yay!!!! you deserve it! blue eyed freckle rocks!

mandmfla said...

Your artistry and creativity inspire me. I am so proud of you!!! Mora