Friday, April 9, 2010

Great minds think alike....

Remember when I was in the Ohdeedoh contest? Well today on Ohdeedoh there was a room tour (my friend sent me the link after seeing it), and low and behold there were scalloped walls just like mine AND the same crib ( but i painted mine)!!!  I like the way they used grey and yellow, its a nice variation. Too bad the lady doesn't mention being inspired by anyone... who knows, maybe she never looked at that contest (even though its on the same website), and she just came up with the same idea! It definitely happens to me sometimes.

*post edit*
I clicked on the lady's ohdeedoh profile and she indeed did see the contest entries because she made comments on some of them. but I do understand the whole being inspired by something, forgetting about it, and then coming up with it again (the idea), forgetting that you were originally inspired by something you saw.   which is fine. Either way it is exciting to see that someone has been inspired by something you did.

10 comments:

ricebabies said...

I hope it was a coincidence.
I teach at an art school and sometimes you come up with a rockin idea and someone else has too. lol
Sometimes though, people just dont like to give someone else credit for inspiration, its too bad.

Very cute room.

erin said...

i think i invented stuff all the time...
then i realize it's been done before...and i'm just not in the loop

most stuff has!

they are both cute though!

Holly Lefevre said...

Your room it so cute! The scallops are great - very chic.

Christina said...

unfortunately people can be kind of stingy with sharing their "inspiration." i could tell you some stories, but i won't b/c i don't want to seem bitter (if you know what i mean). either way, the nurseries are adorable and i'd take it as a compliment that you've inspired someone to do something similar. have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

these rooms are amazin! I love the pom poms on the first room! And dont feel bad hey.. everythings been done before... it would be lovely if you had been noted as inspiration but some people either cant remember or just dont want to share! I always forget sources of inspiration but i always ask if someone knows or has seen it before so I can link back to the original source! Just to be nice :)
Claire xo

Francesca Morgan said...

Love it! I get excited every time you post something! Eye candy

Sew It To Me said...

It is nice to be a source of inspiration! I love the decor in your room and ideas!

Michelle G said...

I've been inspired to make those pom poms for Mia's room!

Estelle Hayes said...

I love the way you painted the crib. Such a pretty combination of colors.

dana said...

seriously, your room is so cool. And I totally liked what you said about being inspired by something and then forgetting where you saw it and doing a similar thing down the road. That totally happens to me. But I'm glad she gave credit to you. I try my best to do that too.