Sunday, April 25, 2010

I just ordered some of this....


I have been wanting to design my own fabric for sometime now. well, since college. Actually I almost applied for Textile design MFAs when I was a senior in college (getting my BFA in painting and drawing). When I heard about spoonflower, i was giddy. then I saw the prices..... so until now I have not ordered any. but then recently I was wishing I had tags for my headbands and remembered someone on the internet somewhere saying it would be a good idea to make a fabric of tags and then just cut them up! PERFECT I don't need to sew them on, just use some hotglue, so I was able to get A LOT of tags out of one yard of fabric woohoo! totally worth the $18.

One day maybe I WILL actually get to design some cool fabric, instead of just tags....

9 comments:

Jessica said...

that's such a good idea for tags! I'm trying to start a shop soon and I might try this.

Darcey said...

cool! you're too creative for your own good. i'm always learning new things about you and your artsy fartsy ways - i love it!

:D

Emilyah said...

Fun! You'll have to let us know how the quality is. In high school I wanted to design my own fabric, but never thought it possible. So glad it is!!!

Petals said...

That is such a great idea. Tags are so exspensive. Making them this way would be a great deal!

Emily said...

Great idea! My sister and I were just talking about putting tags in our goods the other day! Love your stuff, by the way:)

thursday said...

LOVE it! Such a great idea.

Francesca Morgan said...

I have so many ideas for fabrics!! I just need to get photoshop first. I'm hoping one falls on my lap. I LOVE this fabric!

beki said...

This is such a brilliant idea!
I just popped over here from Homemade Grits - love your blog!

Unknown said...

What a brilliant idea!!