Monday, June 14, 2010

Creative home decorating ideas...

I can't remember the source so if you think I got it off your blog, please let me know so I can give you credit
One Day. That is all I have to say. One day. This is my dream staircase. A while ago I also did a post on home inspiration with a set of white stairs that had just the tops painted a color. I love both ideas. I just need my own home with a staircase! With my husband only in his second year of med school next year... well... a home?? That is in the distant future. I think I will be close to 40 by the time that happens.

I can't remember the source so if you think I got it off your blog, please let me know so I can give you credit
This I CAN do. I just need to get my husband to sand some more furniture for me... or I could do it to the chair in my studio.. hmmm. perfect project for this 95 degree weather.
I love love love love love this piece. I am so inspired by this. If only husbands wanted these types of sayings on delicate lace and crochet for father's day....
Okay... so this is my own apartment back in 2007, Miami, FL. I had done a lot with book pages when I worked at Anthro,  and had even partially covered an armoir once with book pages (and then sold it before I left Utah to some one who was just going to rip it all off.... sooo sad), but when I moved to Miami I really wanted to frame our little tv with something that made the huge white wall seem less bare. So I took old book pages and dipped them in liquid starch and stuck them all over the wall. 
BAD IDEA. prying those off of the wall was quite a task. There was scrubbing and scraping and oi vay. never again unfortunately. cloth+liquid starch= perfect. OLD paper+ liquid starch =NOT PERFECT.

I still like the way it looked though. oh and notice the rabbit ear antennae.... we still don't have cable. I'll get that one day when we have a house:).... Oh and on top of the tv are old wood printing press letter blocks. I collect em... (more on that later!!)

5 comments:

jerry said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, it is very useful for us. I would like to share another website where you can get updated Residential Lighting by LEDs .

Stephanie said...

Sweet pics! love the green banister and the pages on the wall are very romantic! Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

Okay- the green banister is killing me! I need that at some point in my life too:)

And also, I'm loving the old book pages. I've always wanted to do something like that to one of my walls. Currently, I've got my headboard wall painted with chalkboard paint and it is pretty cool. But since it's a rental, chalkboard paint would probably be easier to paint over than paper covered walls. Don't think I'd have the energy to pry, scrub, coax them off:) But I love the look!

Christina said...

haha, i think you snagged the living etc. images from my blog maybe? :)

http://downandoutchic.blogspot.com/2010/05/interiors-paint-it.html

Natalie Call said...

I love the color spectrum stair railing! Your blog is so fun! i love how you make crafty things, yet you add your own unique twist to them. If I saw something of yours somewhere I would know it was done by you!