I don't know about you, but I have been seeing fringe and fringe-inspired necklaces EVERYWHERE lately. And I am loving them! Now I could have done a tutorial on how to make one with actual fringe, but I decided to make one out of the leftover strips of t-shirt I had dyed to make this FAILED shirt. (okay I couldn't find the link to that post so see the photo below) Anyway, I hope you enjoy the tutorial!
(Its a failed t-shirt because when I washed it the colors bled and the strips curled in a way I didn't like.)
T-SHIRT FRINGE NECKLACE TUTORIAL
strips of cut up t-shirt
Necklace chain with large links
1. After cutting up your strips of fabric, create a dye bath of HOT water mixed with a tad of salt and laundry detergent, along with the dye.
2. Put ALL the strips in, but leave them in for different amounts of time (so that you have a gradient of value). I.E: a few strips you take out after 10 sec., a few after a minute, a few after 5 min., a few after 30 min..... etc
3. run them under warm water and squeeze them until the water runs clear.
3. hang them to dry some where you don't mind them dripping (and possibly staining). (Or run them through the washer and dryer).
4. after they have dried, cut them into thinner and/or shorter pieces if neccessary.
I went down this home-made tube slide and went SOOOOOO FAST. I literally flew out of the slide (with Olivia on my lap---we were both screaming) and hit the hay bales.
My husband then went on the slide and the two boys taking tickets said (in accent) "man that girl in the costume went faster than anyone else we've ever seen!................... um costume?? hahaha.
THEN we went to the petting zoo area at the P.Patch. We had to leave after about 3 min. to go catch the hay ride and so I asked the lady if we would be able to come back in when we got back---did we need a stamp or something? She replied, "Don't worry I won't forget THAT outfit."...............
I just found it all amusing. I didn't really think I was dressed that weirdly, but I mean we were in the country. It was too funny.