Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Zen of Clean Toddler Painting...



When my husband Francisco asked me what I wanted for Christmas I couldn't think of anything. I just told him to figure out something I would love. Easy right?? Ha, its cruel I know. But this man really knows me and he got me things I definitely wanted but never thought to ask for! Among those things was a....

Buddha Board! Its a board that you paint on with just a brushed dipped in water. Franc was a little bummed when I exclaimed it would be great for Olivia. I wasn't bummed at all! I have been wanting to paint with Olivia more, but its just so messy. This board dries a few minutes after you paint on it, so it creates no waste and no mess! I also enjoyed it, especially taking photos of the images it created as the water evaporated from the board (pictured above).  (we bought it on amazon.)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Cool! I've seen those around and think they're great:) Does Olivia get upset when the image disappears? I bet toddlers are better about non-attachment than adults, seeing as they tend to knock down a tower of blocks just seconds after making something;)