Thursday, October 27, 2011

Handmade Charlotte for Anthropologie!

The other day I had a dream that Anthropologie called and asked if I would sell my headbands at their stores (the felt feather fascinator to be exact) and I was like heck yeah (even though in my mind I couldn't figure out how in the WORLD I would get them all done). And then they told me I had to make 75 of them to give their employees for free at the home office. And I said no. I just couldn't do it with my 3 1/2 month old baby (and 2 yr old). I didn't have enough time. So the deal didn't go through. I woke up and told my husband that I didn't regret that decision. crazy.

Fast forward to a day later when I found out my fellow Atlantan (okay I was only an Atlantan for 3 yrs) crafter Rachel, of Handmade Charlotte actually had something like this HAPPEN TO HER!!!! Well, I don't know exactly how it happened, but she emailed me to tell me about her new line being sold on Anthropologie.com for little girls!!!! WHAT??? How cool! And get this, she lives on a farm and has 5 as in 1,2,3,4, FIVE kids. What? And she and a friend sewed everyone of these pieces themselves. No India outsourcing here (which having worked for Anthro, I know they do a lot of).

Check out my two faves:
 cutest little warm winter bloomers ever
 love the detailing on this coat!
So cute right??!! Olivia/Amélie has a pair of her bloomers that my friend Lesley bought me. They are very well made, and absolutely adorable. And Rachel herself? Well she is funny, quirky, and super nice, so support her and check out her line for Anthro!!!

No comments: