I bought this scrappy weird wood thing for $2 back in May with the intentions of making it into a kitchen and never got a chance. Next thing I know it is Christmas eve-eve and I REALLY wanted to do it, but I am swamped with the fab thing. So I got my husband to do the dirty work (the spray-painting and cutting) and on Christmas eve I painted all the details and sewed the curtains. Done. well minus the faucet (and the oven handle, but my husband put the oven door on upside down so.....). I need to buy the letter "J" at the craft store and make it the faucet (saw it on another one).
The best thing about this baby is that I only spent $2.25 out of pocket! EVERYTHING else I scavanged from various places.
-little wooden "eggs" from the craft store (that I happened to have) for knobs
-old wooden drawer knobs for the "temperature" knobs
-used contact paper to cut circles out of, cover the stove-top and then spray the red burners on (same with all other detailing)
-the bottom part had a big space and no sides, so I sewed curtains and then attached them with velcro. sticky velcro on the wood part (underneath) and sew-able velcro on the the fabric.
**and thanks to my father-in-law who cut out the burners and the hole for the sink.
and to my parents for their white spray paint!