The recipe that began my love affair with goat cheese and fresh basil..... (still my all time favorite appetizer).
And here are some new favorites for breakfast and dinner!
Goat cheese omlette:
virgin coconut oil (for coating the pan)
fresh basil leaves
s&p to taste
Coat the pan, throw in the eggs, and everything else (wait a few minutes before you put in the goat cheese). flip it when its ready. YUMMMMMMMMY.
Goat cheese stuffed chicken with red peppers:
red bell pepper sliced (1/2-1 whole one per person)
1. pound out the chicken breasts until they are thin.
2. spread a GOOD amount of goat cheese inside and top with fresh basil leaves (you can't have too much of either. its impossible.
3. fold them over, stick them in your baking dish and pour balsamic all over them.
4. cut up the red peppers and put them all over and around the chicken.
5. bake for 1 hour (or less depending on the thickness of your chicken---you need to check it) at 350.
now go buy some goat cheese and a basil plant and make these! enjoy.