Tuesday, February 16, 2010

clog inspiration

 
as seen on LUNE VINTAGE BLOG
I LOVE clogs (as well other traditional/folksy Dutch things). I also LOVE aqua. Wouldn't a revamped pair of clogs be a fabulous place to put all my scissors? or maybe my paintbrushes? 

Because yes. besides a crafter, I am first an artist.  I will never stop painting, drawing and creating artwork. Unfortunately I often spend most of my time creating accessories, rather than art, but I think that is because I love to make art that I can wear. I know it sounds corny, but often I feel like I am "painting" with the felt. I create patterns and color combinations similar to those I love to put into my artwork, only instead of then taking that art piece and sticking it in my portfolio in the closet, I stick it on my head! 
  
one day I would love to make it over the the Netherlands and get myself a pair of these things... (not the yellow ones, but maybe the ones behind them). Have any of you ever been there???

4 comments:

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i've been! and i totally have a pair of these that i love, but i've never known what to do with them. i wore them in the snow once, and they were toasty, but using them as storage makes more sense. such a great idea!

ed and brooke said...

I went a few years ago. Such a beautiful country.

Did you see the dollies and stacks of lace underneath the aqua clogs in that picture? What I would give to get my hands on those...

handmadecharlotte said...

i love clogs! i am always wanting to start a collection of some sort! so why not clogs! very sweet post! i love the baby clogs the best!

blueeyedfreckle said...

oh I love the crochet below the clogs of course..... I have my own little stash, but it needs to be bigggerr!