Friday, December 7, 2012

Easy DIY kids ornament!

 We are doing a holiday activity every day as one of our advent "calendars" this year, which has been really fun! It has helped me get in the spirit of Christmas, and since my oldest is 3 1/2 this year she is really into everything we do. One of the first cards she pulled out said to "Make an ornament for the tree."  And I came up with this fun idea when we were at the Christmas tree lot!

Materials needed:
free slice of christmas tree trunk (you can go to a lot and ask for whatever they have. We didn't even buy a tree, just gathered loose branches and this trunk disc!)

paint, glue, glitter, spray paint (whatever materials you have on hand)

twine/yarn/string and hot glue (or drill a hole)

1. I spray-painted the disc gold on both sides
2. Olivia (3 yrs) painted it with her tempera paints
3. She added drops of elmer's glue and then sprinkled a few colors of glitter on top. We left it to dry over night.
 4. I cut twine and hot glued it to the back, sandwiched with a piece of felt. 

Easy! They make an ornament that is gorgeous and so simple! I like those kind of projects:)!!

No comments: