Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yesterday


Here is my little booth at the Indie Craft Experience yesterday! I made the fixtures out of luan (thin plywood) and peg board hooks! No nails, screws, or glue. I just drew the design (my new logo) on the wood, cut it out with my jigsaw, and made a groove for the piece that went perpendicular to it (which also had a groove) to stick inside! I painted it up and drilled 2 holes side by side to fit the pegboard hooks (with my wonderful new drill). It was great because it all came apart so I could stick it in my car, transport it easily in my little sentra, and then put it all together in no time!

The craft fair was tons of fun. There were so many incredibly cool vendors (both the people and their products) and tons of people came. It was my first craft fair, so I didn't know what to expect ( Franc I were just hoping to break even on our costs) but I ended up doing incredibly well! I had people at my booth all day, and sold so much stuff that by the end of the day I barely had anything left. It was such a high... especially after weeks of thinking I should just give up and quit. I will post more pics soon of trades I made, things I bought and cool vendors I met:)

3 comments:

Ashley Terry said...

That's awesome!!! I'm so sad we couldn't by and see you!! Silly being out of town. But I am so glad it was a success!!! Gold stars for the amazingly talented Katie :)

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

yay! i'm so glad1 i knew you would do well... i told you about the felt headbands that were flying of the table in pitsburgh and weren't nearly as cute as yours...

Anonymous said...

I love when things go better than expected!!