I've been doing a lot of unpacking, painting, and hanging lately and since I have learned a few tricks over the years for doing these kinds of things (mostly from working at an art gallery and then doing display for Anthro), I thought I would pass my knowledge on to you! This isn't a super fancy fun post, just a tip or two.
Hanging something with TWO holes in it:
I recently bought this uber-popular frame from IKEA (which I painted yellow). It had TWO holes in it. So fun trying to get two nails or screw to be lined up and in the exact spots right?? RIGHT! Its really easy with this trick!
1. put a piece of masking tape (I couldn't find mine--still packed away so I used packing tape) across the two holes.
2. Mark or punch a hole using a pen or marker
3. Put the entire piece of tape on the wall and draw a line from one hole to the next using a ruler.
4. use a level (or in my case-- a very sharp eye:) to make sure the line is level.
5. put your nails or screws right through the dots where you punched/marked them!
How to hang a piece of wood without wire, alligator hooks, etc:
I started with 7 of these fajita plate holders (scored them all for $1 total!)
I hope these tricks help you out! I also have some painting tricks I'll share with you next time...
oh and I am 37 wks pregnant tomorrow. eek. It gets harder and harder to work on this house. The poor baby's room is kinda getting the shaft. I figure she won't really care.... I'll make it cuter later.
if you'd had a different method, i was going to suggest the masking tape trick :). great minds!
Thank you for good tips! Those wooden trays look really fun hanging in a row.
Your post has perfect timing...can't wait for your painting tips!
I need to see this stuff in person! Love it!
Great tips! I hate hanging things that require two nails. Lately I've just been attaching wire to them and hanging with one nail (like a painting). I'm excited to hear all about the new baby when she comes! :)
Post a Comment