Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cardboard Aquarium

This has nothing to do with the post, but here was our happy family (don't the girls look joyous?) on Easter. I had fun making the girls dresses this year and then trying to coordinate our outfits with the girls'. I didn't spend one penny on our Easter get-ups thank you! And I will tell you more about the girls' dresses later this week. For today's post, see below.
 Just like yesterday's project, if pinterest had existed when I discovered Made by Joel (above), my boards would have been FULL with his projects. I love love love love his stuff. Here is another project I made inspired by one of his last year.


This was a joint project this time, not just something I made for Olivia. Again, I didn't actually look at his project when I made ours, I just went off of memory. For ours I got out some 140lb watercolor paper (the good stuff) and had olivia paint freely (she did make me paint a little) and I showed her how you can blow the paint which she thought was really fun. She glued on some pom-poms for rocks and then I assembled the rest (the fish can be moved from the top!!). 

Pretty fun! Give it a try!






3 comments:

Alice said...

Oooooh, I love all of the colors.

Maggie said...

Looks wonderful and as if you had great fun painting :) Maggie xx

Mariana said...

Cute! Like it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

p.s. - You have such a beautiful family and such a great blog!!